- T-Brick Series 2022
- T-Brick Altay Mirror T-Brick Altay T-Brick Ultra T-Brick Max T-Brick T-Brick Mini
- Dweller Series 2023
- Dweller Max 3 Dweller Max (2.0) Dweller Max (1.0) Dweller Dweller Ti Dweller Ti - Segmented Chimney Version
- TRAVELLER Series 2022
- Traveller 3 - Segmented Chimney Version Traveller 3 Traveller - Segmented Chimney Version Traveller
How to use the stove jack of hot tent correctly?
Feb 5, 2020
Many people like this hot tent because of the stove jack. But some of them are novices and don't know how to use it properly. So here are some tips you may need to know. These tips may be also helpful to some experienced campers.
1. Roll up the stove jack cover and fix it.Don't make the hot tent stove jack cover cloth touch the hot pipes. Ordinary hot tents cloth, such as our 300D oxford cloth, can't stand such a high pipe temperature. So you need to roll up the cover cloth and make sure it's far away from the stove pipe. The higher, the better. If you just put them next to the pipe, it may be baked black.
2. Make sure your pipes are in the center of the stove jack.The diameter of the stove jack is around 4.2 inches and the diameter of the general pipe is around 2-3 inches. So you should try to make the stove pipe in the center of the jack hole by moving the stove position. And don't let the pipe touch any fabric.
3. Use branches to separate pipes and hot tent with stove jack cloth. （A debatable point）Some people may find it difficult to keep the stovepipes from touching the ultralight hot tent cloth by moving the stove position. In this case, you can use branches as barriers to separate them. Just put them around the stove jack. This would helps a lot.
4. Make sure the hot tent and wood stove don't shake.When you put the pipe in the center of the stove jack, please be careful. If the backpacking hot tent shakes or the stove shakes, it means the hot pipe may touch and burn the tent cloth. To make the stove jack cloth last longer, you should protect it as well as possible.
5. Make sure the air can flow through the stove jack smoothly.The temperature of the hot pipe in use is very high, so you shouldn't crowd the cloth around the jack together. Especially for those who don't want cold air to enter their hot tents for winter camping. Please note that the circulating air can reduce the temperature of the pipe. A useful tip.
The important thing you may need to know:
1. The jack cloth is fireproof, but this does not mean that the cloth has no loss. After all, no matter what kind of cloth it is, it is cloth. So please note that you need to minimize this loss to extend the life of the hunting tent with stove.
2. The jack cloth is fireproof, but the stitched thread are not fireproof because we can't find such thread. If you make the tent stove jack cloth too close to the hot pipe, it may cause the sewing thread to be burned off, which may cause damage to the stove jack or even to the winter tent with stove jack.
3. The temperature of the hot pipe in use is much higher than you believe. Don't let it touch anything. Please keep safe and enjoy.