Should you choose a portable wood stove?
It is now July 2021. Although it is still midsummer, camping enthusiasts will choose a tent stove before the cold weather arrives. Do you like to go camping? If you like a nomadic lifestyle and often spend the night in a caravan or tent, then you need a camping wood stove, preferably a portable wood stove that is easy to carry. Should we choose this way of heating? Learn what can help you make up your mind here.
What are the uses of tent wood stoves?
If you are camping for a long-distance or a long period, you will need a camping wood stove, so that when you are tired or hungry outdoors, you can quickly set up the shelf to eat hot food and keep the tent warm. And a lightweight tent stove is not only convenient to carry, but also can effectively reduce the burden of our camping. Pomoly's tent stoves are portable, durable, and light, suitable for outdoor cooking and overnight camping. Don't wait, click to learn more!
Why choose a portable wood stove?
The wood stove is very convenient, mainly because its fuel is wood, which can be used in the forest without the need to carry fuel, and the portable wood stove has a very compact design, so you can go camping with ease even without transportation. Of course, the portable wood stove is easy to disassemble and reassemble. Pomoly's portable wood stoves are made of titanium alloy materials, which are lighter in weight and have better thermal conductivity. They can heat food in a shorter time and are very suitable as a heat source for hot tents or cooking in the wild.
Therefore, if you are looking for a frugal and convenient appliance for heating and cooking during outdoor adventures, choose a portable wood stove.
However, do not choose this type of stove to heat traditional homes. In this case, traditional wood stoves are preferable to them. The portable wood stove is for occasional use and is ideal for small-volume heating that is characteristic of nomadic dwellings.
Which portable wood stove to choose from?
If you want to avoid the risk of poisoning yourself, please choose a stove with a flue. It is best to choose a tent with a stove socket directly, so you don't need to consider whether the tent and the wood stove match. If you are not sure about the shape of the tent stove jack, please check this article——（What is a tent stove jack）. This kind of auxiliary heater provides more guarantee for exhausting the combustion gas from the living space. In addition, in most cases, they allow for more efficient combustion because the flue will generate airflow, thereby increasing the fire intensity at ignition. The risk of fire is real and cannot be ignored. On this issue, it should be known that the foldable heaters produced by most portable wood stove manufacturers are compact and easy to carry.
Some tips for using a camping wood stove
- Before using a portable wood stove in a caravan or tent, make sure it is designed to benefit from wood pellet heating.
- In terms of fuel, plan the inventory of wood pellets, logs, or pellets.
- Only use dry wood that has never been painted, glued, or similar.
- Check whether the fire has been extinguished before going to bed to avoid accidents caused by wind and fire.
- The bottom and surrounding area of your portable wood pellet stove must be free of all flammable materials.
- Make sure you always have a fire extinguisher by your side to extinguish any fire.
- At least once a year, send your stove to the chimney for cleaning and take the trouble to let a certified professional check whether it is working properly.